Friday, July 4, at 11:14 p.m., the Stearns County Sheriff?Äôs Office and the Avon Fire Dept were dispatched to an ATV fire at 18651 CR 154, Avon Twp. Scott Gerard Michaletz, 58, of North Branch had seen his ATV on fire from inside the vacation home.
A 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 and an attached Otter trailer were engulfed in flames. The fire was believed to have been started by spent illegal fireworks left in the trailer attached to the ATV. No injuries were reported from the fire. The ATV and trailer were a total loss. The incident remains under investigation.