Please join the Friends of Lake Maria for our annual Winter Fun Day at Lake Maria State Park from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19.
A number of events are planned, including:
• A Winter Camping demonstration, a presentation on Wilderness First Aid and Survival, and Snowshoeing Basics.
• Winter Triathlon Activities that include Cross-Country skiing, snowshoeing, winter hiking, winter Frisbee golf and nature bingo.
• Indoor Kids’ activities including making bird feeders, animal tracks, Ranger Program activity books.
• A tour of Lake Maria camper cabin #3.
• Lunch at noon with hot dogs, sloppy joes, chips, cookies, hot apple juice and coffee.
• Snowshoes for first time users to try at no charge.
• Birding kits that include binoculars will be available for free checkout at the park office.
For more information and a schedule of events, contact Lake Maria State Park at (763) 878-2325, or check our Facebook page at Friends of Lake Maria State Park.
All events are free, but a $7 vehicle park entrance fee will apply to those without an annual permit. The park is located seven miles northwest of Monticello, 10 miles northeast of Annandale or 5 miles north of Maple Lake on Wright County 111.