STATE OF MINNESOTA, COUNTY OF STEARNS
Seventh Judicial District
Thomas Vouk and Nancy Vouk
14 Other Civil plaintiffs
Court file No. 73-CV-19-707
Sally V. Kosel, also known as Ursula Kosel; Math G. Kosel; Marie Nelson; Frank Kosel; Rosemary Weyer; Isabella Vouk Legatt, also known as Isabell Legatt; Harvey Legatt; Mark Legatt; Fred Legatt; Robert Legatt; Carol Legatt; Shirley Ebnet; William F. Vouk; William Vouk Jr.; James Vouk; Raymond Vouk; Linda Midas; Al Vouk; Jenny Fiedler; Peggy Parr; Suzanne Luedtke; Leona Lepinski; Marie Merkling; Allen Mick; Peter Merkling; Josephine Theisen; Alphonse M. Theisen; Richard Theisen; Donna Novak; Laura Burns; Cathy Theisen; Delores Theisen; Antoinette Thometz; Richard B. Thometz; Julie Thometz; Debbie Thometz; Mark Thometz; Robby Thometz; Janet Thometz; Also the unknown heirs of Frank Tarman; Ursula Kosel; Isabelle Legatt; William Vouk; Leona Lepinski; Marie Merkling; Josephine Theisen; Antoinette Thometz; Mary Lee F. Vouk; Stephen Vouk; and all other
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO the above named persons:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Sam V. Calvert
1011 2nd St N. STE 107
St. Cloud MN 56303
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgement can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. To be included only if this lawsuit affects title to real property:
THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Stearns County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The West 165 feet of the East 882.75 feet of the South 99 feet of the Southeast Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 24, Township 126, Range 29, Stearns County, Minnesota (“the subject land”).
The object of this action is to determine that plaintiffs are the owners in fee of the subject land and that defendants have no interest therein, nor lien thereof.
/s/ Sam Calvert
Sam V. Calvert, atty id# 1431X
attorney for plaintiffs
1011 2nd St N. Ste 107
St. Cloud MN 56303
Published in the Tri-County News Thursdays, Jan. 31, Feb. 7, and Feb. 14, 2019.