April is National Social Security Month. This year, during National Social Security Month, we will focus on the online services we provide that help put you in control – with secure access to your information anytime, anywhere. National Social Security Month is a great time to create a my Social Security account at ssa.gov/mysocialsecurity, and learn how to:
• Request a replacement Social Security card
• Set up or change direct deposit
• Get a proof of income letter
• Change your address, if you get benefits
• Check the status of your Social Security application
• Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099)
For more than 80 years, Social Security has helped secure today and tomorrow with information, tools, and resources to meet your changing needs and lifestyles.