By EV-W Superintendent, Mark Messman
Construction bids for the 2019 facility upgrades at Eden Valley Elementary and Watkins Elementary were due and opened on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. This was a public meeting held in the HS Cafeteria and attended by local and regional contractors. The summarized results of the Phase I Bid Package process includes the following highlights:
• 21 individual construction components were established and bid upon.
• 204 local and regional contractors were directly contacted and informed of the project and our request for their bids on phase I.
• 9 Regional Building Exchanges were provided with the bid documents.
• 73 contractors expressed interest in bidding the project.
• 59 separate bids were collected and opened at the March 27 meeting.
In summary, we were very pleased with the interest in our project and the number of bids submitted. The totals for the 21 construction components of phase I at the elementary schools came in at $2,591,000. This is very close to what our management firm had estimated, and well under the reserve amount that was established for phase I completion.
At this point, the bids will be audited for accuracy and bonding, and then awarded at our April 10 School Board meeting. We remain optimistic for cooperative spring weather and breaking ground on our elementary sites on April 29.
The EV-W School District would like to recognize Grant Johnson, son of Anno and Frederick. Grant is involved in a variety of school activities including baseball, robotics, MN Clay Target League, National Honor Society, and Student Council. Following high school graduation, Grant plans on attending North Dakota State University to pursue a degree in Computer Engineering. The EV-W administration, faculty and staff are extremely proud of Grant for his many accomplishments. Congratulations!