Spring has sprung, and Great River Regional Library (GRRL) is celebrating new beginnings by raising money for new and fun things for each of our 32 libraries.
Locally Growin’ is GRRL’s April fundraiser, and the goal is to help every library raise the funds they need for something special.
The purpose of this campaign is to promote library support at the local level and get central Minnesotans excited about the great work their local library does all year long.
Here’s how it works. You get to choose which library you would like to support, and that gift will be put toward a goal chosen by your library. Each library carefully selects a program, collection item or another “wish list” item.
Each library’s goal is unique. Here are a few things GRRL is working toward this year:
• St. Cloud: $3,000 for children’s books, teen book club kits, adult book club kits, ComiCon.
• Waite Park: $2000 for Programming, USB Charging Stations, New Train Table, Canopy/tent, Puppets, Outdoor Sign
• Cold Spring: $500 for “Wish List:” Bob and the Beachcombers Concert, Escape Room Kits, and Robotics Kits
• Long Prairie: $320 for ExploraDome traveling planetarium from the Bell Museum.
• Paynesville: $400 Maker Space tools and supplies; Table-top loom, paint markers, Legos, Snap-circuit, art supplies.
GRRL raised nearly $20,000 region-wide during the campaign in 2018. The campaign is in its second year.
Learn more about Locally Growin’ and give online at griver.org/ locally-growin.
Great River Regional Library (GRRL) provides library services at 32 public libraries in Benton, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd and Wright Counties. GRRL supplies the residents of Central Minnesota with nearly 1 million books, CDs and DVDs, 250 public computers, programming and information services.