STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF STEARNS
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Keith John Jacobs, case type: Other Civil
Court file No. 73-CV-19-527
vs. Claudia J. Jacobs, Jeanne Stanek, Mary Frances Mahowald, Susan Schmidt, James Spieker, Kevin Spieker, Janyce Schmitz, Patrice Grossinger, Jeff Jacobs, Joseph Jacobs, Pat Jacobs, Jon Jacobs, Dan Jacobs, Charlie Jacobs, Kathy Golbuff, Craig Kuhl, Cindy Eichler, Corrine Kuhl, Mary Ann Fleming, Dereck J. Buss and Jenna M. Larson, Francis A. Munifering and Shirley A. Munifering, the unknown heirs of Claudia J. Jacobs, Also all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the complaint herein.
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is attached to this summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at:
1011 2nd St N Ste 107
St. Cloud MN 56303
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. To be included only if this lawsuit affects title to real property:
THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Stearns County, State of Minnesota, legally described as set forth on the attached Exhibit A, which describes Tract A and Tract B.
The object of this action is determine that plaintiffs are the owners in fee of the subject land and that defendants have no interest therein, nor lien thereof.
/s/ Sam Calvert
Sam V. Calvert, Atty Id #1431X
Attorney for Plaintiffs
1011 2nd St N Ste 107
St. Cloud MN 56303
Published in the Tri-County News Thursdays, June 6, 13, and 20, 2019.
Legal Attachment to Summons
That part of the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter (NW 1/4 of SW 1/4) of Section 12, Township 123, Range 28 described as follows: Beginning at a point on the East line of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4 of said Section 12, Township 123, Range 28, 748 121/341 feet South of the northeast corner of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4 of said Section 12; thence running at right angles West a distance of 22 rods 11 feet; thence at right angles and on a line parallel with the East line of said tract South a distance of 70 297/341 feet; thence at right angles and running East a distance of 22 rods 11 feet to the East line of said tract; thence North along the East line of said tract a distance of 70 297/341 feet to the place of beginning, Stearns County, Minnesota. LESS AND EXCEPT: That portion thereof lying Southerly of the following described line: Commencing at the northeast corner of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4; thence South 00° 12’ 37” West, assumed bearing, on the East line of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4, 819.22 feet to the point of beginning of the land to be described; thence North 89° 47’ 23” West 374.00 feet; thence North 00° 12’ 37” East parallel with said East line 14.00 feet to the point of beginning of the line to be described; thence South 87° 38’ 46” East 374.26 feet to the East line of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4 and there terminating.
Part of the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter (NW 1/4 of SW 1/4) of Section 12, Township 123, Range 28 described as follows: Commencing at the northeast corner of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4; thence South 00° 12’ 37” West, assumed bearing, on the East line of said NW 1/4 of SW 1/4, 748.35 feet to the point of beginning of the land to be described; thence North 89° 47’ 23” West 374.00 feet; thence North 00° 12’ 37” East parallel with said East line 14.00 feet thence South 87° 38’ 46” East 374.26 feet to the point of beginning, Stearns County, Minnesota.