Kimball Golf Club news this week is a big thank you for the community response to the June 7 golf course vandalism resulting in damages of more than $35,000, as reported in last week’s Tri-County News.
These are some of the 136 social media postings expressing outrage over the vandalism and the hope that the four suspects will be identified and prosecuted:
• Instead of tipping over biffies they are now tipping golf carts. Oh boy! What’s next?
• WTH is wrong with people, as if none of us are already going through a hard enough time!
• This is just sickening!
• Why would anyone even think of doing this to a small business during these difficult times?
• Is this an annual trip for these people? What the heck?
• Why do people want to destroy things. So sad.
• Little snots!!
• Last time was a few years ago, so it may be a “new” group of criminals. Yeah, they may be local kids, but what they did is a felony crime.
• Senseless! I hope they get caught!
• Why do people want to destroy things?
• So sad, guess they were not taught if it’s not yours, leave it alone.
• So hope they get busted!! All that is going on, and they do this? Idiots!
• I so hope they catch these four and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law! This senseless violence and destruction has no place in our world!
The Kimball Golf Club Board of Directors is vigorously pursuing the identification and prosecution of the vandals with the Stearns County Sheriff whose officers promptly investigated the crime scene.
Fortunately, none of the damage interrupted the enjoyment of golf at KGC.
Golf … The Game for Life … at Kimball Golf Club.