In the KGC Men’s League, Mark Kunkel led last week’s nine-hole competition with a three over par 39.
The Ladies and Monday Leagues play a “scramble” format. After each shot, the players decide which one is the best. All players on the team play their next shot from that spot. The team plays this way until the ball is holed out.
In Ladies League play last week, Team Spaulding led with a nine-hole three under par 33. Team Spaulding consists of Deb Gilbertson, Erin Dingmann and Mary Spaulding.
The Monday Three-Person Scramble League was led by Team Hartel with a six under par 30. Team Hartel is Charlie Kersten, Tony Schmitz and Larry Hartel.
10 great golf quotes
• To find a man’s true character, play golf with him. PG Wodehouse
• They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were taken. Raymond Floyd
• Isn’t it fun to go out on the course and lie in the sun? Bob Hope
• The most important shot in golf is the next one. Ben Hogan
• Be decisive. A wrong decision is usually less disastrous than indecision. Bernhard Langer
• I expect to make at least seven mistakes a round. Therefore, when I make a bad shot, I don’t worry about it. It ís just one of those seven. Walter Hagen
• Golf is a game in which you yell “fore”… shoot six … and write down five. Paul Harvey
• I don’t fear death, but I sure don’t like those three-footers for par. Chi Chi Rodriguez
• Golf is 20 percent talent and 80 percent management. Ben Hogan
• Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented. Arnold Palmer
Golf … The Game for Life … at Kimball Golf Club.