By Mark Messman, EV-W Superintendent
The Governor’s decision was based on survey data collected from spring distance learning, families, education staff, medical professionals, and MDH/CDC guidance.
The “MN Safe Learning Plan” will focus on:
• Localized data and decision-making.
• Providing families with choice.
• Addressing public health concerns.
MDE Goals include:
• Prioritize the safety of students and staff.
• In-person learning for our youngest learners.
• Engage in the science and data of covid (under 10 years of
age – least susceptible).
• MDE guidance and clear direction for education.
• Localized plan based on county infection rates/illness.
After reviewing the most recent 14-day case rate/10,000 residents = 6.07 for Meeker County: EV-W Schools would have a “re-opening” baseline of in-person instruction for all students.
Admininstration and Cabinet members met again at 10 a.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 4, in the E.V. Elem. Media Center to discuss:
• Instructional models at each building level.
• Compromised immune systems and Equal Employment Commission.
• Logistics of transportation, meals, entry points, etc.
Certified Union President, Jacob Anderson will coordinate building-level groups to provide feedback, input, and collaboration.