The University of Minnesota Extension is excited to host a six-part webinar series titled “Key Components of a Successful Beef Operation: Cow/Calf to Consumer.” The series will be held from 6-7:30 p.m., Aug. 12, 13, 18, 20, 25, and 27. The series will focus on different aspects of raising and managing beef cattle while keeping the end consumer in mind. Farmers, 4-H’ers, ag business professionals who work with farmers, and those interested in beef cows are invited to attend.
• Wednesday, Aug. 12: “Methods of Pregnancy Checking,” Dr. Tony Dank, DVM.
“Preg-checking the Cow Herd to Reduce the Cost of Open Cows,” Dr. Eric Mousel.
• Thursday, Aug. 13: “Body Condition Scoring Cows: How, When, and Why,” and “Does Early Weaning Calves Make Sense?” Melissa Runck.
“Assessing Nutrition Status of the Cow Herd,” Dr. Eric Mousel.
• Tuesday, Aug. 18: “Managing Forages for Fall and Winter Feeding,” Troy Salzer, Tarah Young, Emma Severns.
• Thursday, Aug. 20: “Starting Calves: What Really Matters and When to Leave Cattle Alone,” Dr. Joe Armstrong, DVM.
“Initial Days on Feed Nutrition and Implant Strategies,” Dr. Grant Crawford.
• Tuesday, Aug. 25: “Selecting the Right Animal for Butcher,” Kyle Rozeboom and Dr. Ryan Cox.
• Thursday, Aug. 27: “Keeping Beef at the Center of the Plate,” Dr. Megan Webb .
“Meet the Meat Industry Middle Man – the Main Street Butcher. Bridging the Farmer and Consumer Conversation,” Lindsey Loken, Blondies Butcher Shop.
Pre-registration is required. Please register at z.umn.edu/2020beefseries by 5 p.m. the day before each event. You will receive a Zoom link after registration closes. You only have to register once and you will be registered for all subsequent webinars. If you are unable to attend the live sessions, you will receive the recordings for all the sessions via email at the end of the series. Any questions please email Brenda Postels at email@example.com or Stacey Caughey at firstname.lastname@example.org. with any questions.